Workforce Strategies facilitators have designed and facilitated: Planning workshops, team building workshops, information sessions, community consultation forums, change management seminars and tailored training courses.
Workforce Strategies work with clients through the facilitation process (design, delivery and evaluation) to ensure that both individual and organisational needs are met. Workforce Strategies designs productive and dynamic group processes which focus on achieving results: injecting passion and enthusiasm into their workshops.
Types of facilitation include:
- Team and organisational strategic planning – Workforce Strategies develops structured planning workshops to ensure that work area plans align strategically with broader organisation plans, priorities and goals. We engineer planning workshops to engage participants whilst challenging them to explore their assumptions moving toward workable solutions and plans.
- Team development – Workforce Strategies offers a range of team development options designed to produce highly effective outcomes by developing and inspiring teamwork and motivation. We work with both newly formed and existing teams. Workforce Strategies can introduce a range of tools to assist a team understand differing working styles and preferences and develop strategies on how to utilise the strengths of all team members.
- Community and stakeholder consultation – Workforce Strategies can design and deliver a program to ensure effective consultation. Workforce Strategies understands that community and stakeholder consultation is a critical component of public sector engagement. We ensure the right type of consultation process is put in place to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Meeting facilitation – Workforce Strategies can design and run a critical meeting process that encourages people to work effectively together on the items of the agenda. We have found that meetings often involving complex issues work better if they are facilitated independently where the facilitator does not have a stake in the outcome of the discussions. We will direct and focus the discussion so that the agenda is accomplished.
Workforce Strategies has built a strong reputation in the design and delivery of workshops, seminars and training programs for the public sector. Our workshops are uniquely in that they are designed and targeted for the public sector.
The workshop model we use capitalises on the 70:20:10 principle of learning and looks to ensure strong workplace application in order to embed learning. Workshops are evidenced based, focusing on practical tools and solutions to resolve contemporary public sector issues.
Workshops are highly engaging, giving participants the opportunity for group discussion, structured focused activities, self-reflection and action planning. Individuals achieve a sense of empowerment and control in managing the impact of changes now and in the future.
Participants will be provided with a session workbook containing information in each key topic area including theoretical concepts, questionnaires, worksheets, expanded explanations, extension material such as links to further reading material including websites.
Whilst we propose an overall framework for these workshops, each program is tailored for the specific need and culture of an organisation: using genuine agency examples and structures to make each workshop relevant to participants.
Recent examples of workshops designed and delivered for Commonwealth, State and Territory Government agencies include:
- How to have difficult conversations: a half-day workshop for managers and supervisors to more effectively manage performance
- Manager as coach and mentor: a full-day workshop for managers to provide skills in guiding and nurturing their staff to achieve their potential
- The effective mentor: a half-day workshop for anyone who is looking to become a mentor as part of an in-house mentoring program
- How to get the most from your mentor: a 2hr seminar targeting mentees, often a graduate cohort
- Building resilience: a half-day workshop for anyone looking for practical tolls to help build their resilience or the resilience of those around them
- Change management: a half-day workshop looking at change and transition and the tools to build understanding and resilience around change
- The effective executive assistant: a half-day workshop designed for executive assistants, personal assistants and executive officers exploring the fundaments of an effective working relationships
- Delivering effective presentations: a full-day workshop exploring the breadth of public sector presentation and representation environments, and the trick to ensuring effectiveness
- Embedding workplace diversity: a half-day workshop for practitioners and executive teams looking to ensuring that their workplace embraces diversity