Contact Stephen directly on 0417 691 354
Stephen is an organisational design consultant, workforce advisor and corporate strategist. Stephen supports individuals, teams and organisations to deliver contemporary and compelling organisational outcomes.
Stephen is a skilled practitioner and experienced executive having worked with CEOs and senior leaders to deliver organisational outcomes. He is an facilitator, executive coach, mentor and motivational speaker.
Stephen’s 24 years of work in the Australia Public Sector culminated as the Division Head responsible for Human Resources of the Australian Federal Police.
Stephen was also head of human resources in the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs and the Australian Agency for International Development.
Complementing Stephen’s workforce expertise is a practical understanding of business, customer service and policy development. Stephen’s career spans private and public sectors, having worked in Canberra, Sydney, Bangkok and Tokyo. Stephen has worked in policy and program delivery roles in several Australian Government Departments and Agencies including: the Australian Tax Office; the Australian Agency for International Development including three years as a Diplomat at the Australian Embassy Bangkok; and the Australian Public Service Commission.
Stephen has facilitated strategic planning workshops, business planning sessions, team building workshops and stakeholder consultations across a number of Commonwealth Government agencies.
Stephen has also facilitated master classes for human resource practitioners on topics such as The A-Z of Remuneration and Rewards, Talent Management and Manager as Coach.
Throughout his career, Stephen’s expertise and passion has drawn together the themes of people, leadership and change.
- December 2011: The 3rd Annual Indigenous Recruitment & Training Summit: Making participation meaningful
- November 2011: Pride in practice LGTB workplace conference: Winning over the skeptics – effective strategies for organisational buy-in
- June 2011: Next Generation HR Summit, Singapore: how to build an inclusive workforce
- June 2011: Australian Human Resources Institute National Convention, Sydney: the argument for incorporating lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender strategies into your workforce plan
- May 2011: Government Recruitment and Retention Conference, Melbourne: strategies to deliver and maintain diversity and equality in the workplace
- March 2011: Migrating Toward Human Capital Management Conference, Canberra: laying the foundations for human capital management
- November 2010: Organisational Design Conference, Melbourne: the importance of talent management in creating effective organisational design
- October 2010: Developing Public Sector Workforce Capability, Canberra: assessing HR capabilities to build a more capable workforce
- September 2010: The National Recruitment & Retention Summit 2010, Sydney (expert panel discussion): strategies to deliver and maintain diversity and equality in the workplace
- August 2010: 20th Annual Inform Conference, Gold Coast: how metrics changed my life… and other stories from HR
- July 2010: 5th European Gay Police Conference, Vienna: diversity is the difference: how to introduce diversity successfully
- May 2010: National Public Sector Organisational Development Leaders' Experience 2010, Canberra: retaining humanity during your change journey
- April 2010: Indian National Police Academy, Mid-career training program, Hyderabad, India: engaging staff in complex working environments
- March 2010: Australian Human Resources Institute HR Practices Day, Canberra: getting HR to the table
- December 2009: The 3rd Annual Indigenous Recruitment & Training Summit: building organisational tempo for meaningful recruitment
- July 2009: 5th Annual Public Sector Leadership Development Conference, Canberra: the future of leadership development: an integrated approach